Saturday, October 23, 2010

Updates :)

I have finished training as a Peace Corps Trainee and now....I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer!!! I have been very busy and experiencing St. Kitts. So far I have seen a fire dancer and gone on a treasure hunt on the island. I also had the opportunity to be on a local show here called Talking Point and we talked about the impact of tourism on the island. I had a personal triumph today :) I was able to get my clothes off the line before the rain. It may not sound like a huge deal but I think I'm developing the Kittian intuition. I also taught my first dance class to Form 1 students (11-12 years old). I also heard a young woman talk about her experience with breast cancer and the importance for both men and women to know their bodies.  I'm hoping to get some time to go out and take some nice photographs. I am living the experience until then.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't already, please go to Spratnet bar and grill. it's for your own good. and make sure you get to turtle bay while your in st. kitts.

    ReplyDelete