Saturday, November 20, 2010

Updates




I know I have been gone for a while, but life got a little crazy. Lately, I have been noticing the power of "Mother Nature" Hurricane Season just ended and now we are in mosquito season :) Instead of carrying an umbrella everywhere, I carry OFF :) I have a few pictures of the water and its aftermath after a storm.  In other news,I have really been embracing my sweet tooth lately. I along with some other volunteers visited a popular ice cream parlor in Port Zante. Port Zante is a place where most tourist visit when they come in from the cruise ships. I had the yummy cookie monster (chocolate chip, chocolate, and fudge). Also, I have fallen in love with.......soy ice cream!!!!!!! There is this great stand (I Queen's Ice cream) in the Independence Square in the capital that sells non- dairy and low sugar ice cream. I along with another volunteer spoke with the owner yesterday, her name is IQueen and she makes the most delicious ice cream ever!!!!She makes regular favors "vanilla and chocolate" during the week and fruit flavors on Friday :). The options this week was pistachio mixed with guava and mango mixed with coconut. I went for the mango mixed with coconut and lets just say it made my day. I never thought any ice cream was better than mint chocolate chip, but I was wrong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment